Do you find yourself mentally redesigning every room you step into? Do you believe that your environment has the power to impact how you feel? Then, the MSF50222 Diploma of Interior Design offered by the Australian Academy of Interior Design (RTO 46046) could be exactly what you are looking for? This comprehensive curriculum is focussed on providing students with the skills and knowledge required to enter into the creative and dynamic interior design industry. In this article we will give an in-depth cover of the course including topics such as its content, certification, entry requirements, career options, and more.
What is covered in the course?
The MSF50222 Diploma of Interior Design is a comprehensive curriculum that covers a wide range of interior design themes. The course consists of 11 modules that both explore the various different approaches to interior design while building on your knowledge as you progress. The program delivers a well-rounded education in interior design from understanding design concepts and ideas to producing 3D visualisations using CAD software. Colour schemes, materials, furniture, accessories, and the historical and cultural context of design will also be covered. The last module allows students to create their own interior design project where they can demonstrate everything they have learned through their own vision.
What are the units of study?
The course covers 27 units of competency, clustered into the following 11 modules:
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Design methods; Understanding the Design Cycle
- Colour in Interior Design
- Properties of 3D Materials
- Design influences; History, Culture, and Context
- Furniture and Accessories
- Creating 3D visuals using CAD
- Designing Residential Interiors I
- Designing Residential Interiors II
- Complex Designs
- Completing your own Interior Design Project
To learn more about the units, please click here.
Is this course accredited?
Yes, the MSF50222 Diploma of Interior Design is a nationally accredited course based on the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) and is approved by the Design Institute of Australia (DIA). This accreditation assures that the course adheres to the highest educational standards and that graduates receive a qualification that is widely recognised and respected in the industry.
How does it work?
This course allows you to study from the convenience of your own home. As a home study student you will have access to the Online Learning Centre which provides course material such as instructional videos, written content, and assignments. This is presented and supported by industry expert tutors. The course is totally self-paced, allowing you to work around your own schedule. We have two payment options, a full payment and an EasyPay payment plan. You can find more information about the cost here.
You will need to study for roughly 10 hours per week to finish the course in 2-3 years.
What are the prerequisites for admission?
You must meet the following admission requirements to enrol in the MSF50222 Diploma of Interior Design:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Have basic computer skills such as site surfing, emailing, and document creation.
- Have good communication and literacy abilities (at least Year 10 English or equivalent).
- As part of the pre-enrolment process, take a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) test (extra support options are provided for learners who do not satisfy the LLN standards).
What are my potential job paths?
Once you have successfully completed the course you will graduate with an industry-ready portfolio of work. This will prepare you for a variety of professional prospects in the field of interior design. Here are some possible job paths:
- Designer of interiors in a decorating, interior design, or architectural firm
- Freelance Interior Designer
- Interior Designer for product, furniture, and lighting providers and retail locations
- Colour Analyst Visual Merchandiser
- CAD and SketchUp Draftsperson for Real Estate Staging
- Entrepreneur in your own interior design company
The Australian Academy of Interior Design's MSF50222 Diploma of Interior Design is a comprehensive curriculum that provides students with the skills and information needed to pursue a career in the dynamic industry of interior design.
Thanks to its flexible online delivery, industry-experienced trainers, and emphasis on practical tasks, this course provides a firm basis for students to explore their creativity and embark on a career path in the world of interior design.
So, why wait? Begin your interior design adventure today and turn your passion into a rewarding career!